The mission of the Photography Club is to provide a supportive environment for interested photography students to share their creativity, knowledge and passion for photography. The club will hold regular meetings and discussions and organize events such as; photo-walks, field trips, and lectures and workshops by visiting artists. Members will also explore the possible opportunities for photography projects in collaboration with other campus departments, organize peer to peer portfolio reviews and explore the possibilities of exhibitions on and off campus.
- To provide a supportive environment for students interested in photography to share their creativity, knowledge and passion for photography
- To train the students to have an artist’s taste for beauty and a poet’s expression for emotions which would thereby emulate technical concepts and ideas into reality
- To encourage students to express their thoughts and emotions through art or photography
- To make students to learn the transformation of technical facts into real-time applications
- To inculcate the habit of imagination of beauty and art by empowering them to become young photographers
- Organize workshops/events along with Photography Diploma students
- Organize sessions on: introduction to photography, basic concepts of photography, basics of lighting, different forms, functions and importance of Lighting, semiotics and analysing visuals and the concepts of photography in different forms.
- Club members will be given first preference to shoot for the college events and activities.
- Club members can avail 25% discount on photography workshops conducted in the college and will be given permission to take part in any outdoor activities conducted for Photography, outside class hours.
— Members of Photography Club
Dr. Suparna Panchanan
Avik Ghosh Dastidar
Atanu Kumar Das
Phone: 03330085434 & 03330085433