IES TIPS & TRICKS
- Practice is the most important mantra for preparation of any exam. In ESE papers around 40 to 50% of questions will be of average standard that needs preparation. Remaining questions may be difficult that needs extreme preparation. Again 30 to 35% questions will be repeated (at least models). So one need to analyse previous year questions while preparing.
- It is recommended to prepare all the subjects of Objective papers. For Telecommunication
IES Preparation Tips
students may be power electronics will be difficult but they need to prepare every topics at its best. If you cannot understand B.tech books than go for Diploma books and than go for standard books. Also practice old civil services preliminary exam papers for objective . Preparation of previous year ESE questions is a must.
- For Descriptive papers, one need to practise a lot. Choose 4 to 5 subjects which are important and carries more weightage and prepare them.
- Objective paper is more important than Descriptive paper as we can get 100% marks in objective where as we can expect only 70% marks in Conventional papers as they contain problems which is to be solved by calculator describing the procedure.
- For General Studies and General English you can follow year book and civil services chronicle , NCERT 9th and 10th standard books. For General English past 10 years questions are enough.
- You can go for some best coaching centres for guidance.